Thursday, December 15, 2011

Alternatives to Excel Solver?

I am using Excel Solver with binary constraints for the decision variable (about 200). Excel comes back with fraction results. I would really like the variables to be zero or one. I have researched it a bit but can't find a solution and have changed the solver options for tolerance,precision etc?. I think it is probably just the limitations of the Excel Solver.





Are there any freeware, user friendly, optimization add-ins for Excel that might be better?|||I am not aware of a freeware optimization add-in for Excel. We have a commercial add-in named What鈥檚Best that has an excellent integer solver. If you are a student or professor I can supply a free educational research license. If not, I could supply a 30 day evaluation license if that would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment