Monday, December 12, 2011

Help with designing a binary subtractor?

I need to design a binary subtractor which finds the difference between two 3-bit two's complement numbers. The inputs need to be 6-bits, three for the minuend and three for the subtrahend. The output needs to be the difference of the two numbers, 3-bits in two's complement. I was informed that in some cases the output will become too small or too large to fit into three bits, and in these cases my output can be undefined. In all other cases, the output should be arithmetically correct. (For example if the minuend and subtrahend are 2 and -1, respectively, the output should be 3.)





I am looking for help to complete a design that consists of a Boolean equation expressing each output variable (bit) in terms of input variables (bits). Once I get this, I should be fine. It would be helpful if you let the inputs be represented as (A2 A1 A0) and (B2 B1 B0) and outputs as (C2 C1 C0) (in order of highest to lowest order bit).





Thanks!|||are you in ecen 1400 at cu?

No comments:

Post a Comment